Monday, March 1, 2010

Tempo 70

Happy Monday! Today I am posting this amazing track called "El Galleton" by Tempo 70 from one of my favorite LP's I own, Nu Yorica! Culture Clash in New York City: Experiments in Latin Music. 1970-77. Every song in this compilation is brilliant. It captures the spirit of Latin Funk during the 70's in New York city. I was researching about Tempo 70 and found very little about this band except that this comes from an LP called El Primer LP and it's the brainchild of Argentinean pianist and disco genius Bebu Silvetti who is know for disco classics such as Spring Rain. I'm not sure this information is accurate since it was dubious and debated on the blog I read it from, who knows! I believe this is a song that goes well with those Monday blues. Enjoy


 

No comments:

Post a Comment