Sunday, March 7, 2010

Street Talk

Another glorious day today! The sun and sparks so much needed excited energy to the people, streets and parks. I love it , I love it, I love it. I had a great time spending time with friends and family this weekend. This is a brilliant song that I happen to love because of the breaks and the back and forth between funk and disco. It's called "Street Talk" by none other than Bob Crewe. Mr. Crewe is a songwriter, singer, manager, record producer and fine artist and actually found out he went to my alma mater, Parsons School of Design to pursue a career in architecture. Also, to add to the theme of Oscar weekend, he produced and wrote the soundtrack for the movie Barbarella, another movie high on my list of favorites. He has written a large number of Top 10 singles such as "Lady Marmalade" (LaBelle), "Swearin' To God" and "My Eyes Adored You" (Frankie Valli), and a string of hits for the Four Seasons already featured on this blog to name a few. During the Disco years, he was heavy hitter also by producing covers of Henry Mancini's "Moon River" and "Two For The Road". In 1975, Crewe wrote and produced disco material for The Eleventh Hour who had dance club success with a least three releases such as "Hollywood Hot", Bumper To Bumper" and "Sock It To Me/It's Your Thing". All terrific disco songs that I am planning to post in the near future. So for now, I've got to get my tuxedo ready for the Oscars! Enjoy

No comments:

Post a Comment