Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Happy Birthday Disco Monk!

Happy Birthday Disco Monk! It is hard to believe it's February and it's been one year since I started this blog!  I appreciate all of you who have been supportive and enthusiastic about this idea.   All of your comments and suggestions make my day and are very welcomed, so please keep them coming.  Aside from my love of music that makes you move, I'm so happy to be part of this idea of sharing and building online communities based on similar and /or unique tastes and passions. This is the month of celebration of love, so here is a good song to start the month with Disco Monk and the amazing Debbie Jacobs with "Don't You Want My Love".  Born in Baltimore, this Disco lady had several hits from her 1980 release of High on Your Love.  My friend Wiki tells me that the album title song along with "Hot Hot (Give It All You Got)" went to #1 on the Hot Dance Music/Club Play chart.  Other '70s hits included, "Don't You Want My Love" featured here, and "Undercover Lover", which are her best known hit singles.  She enjoyed a second #1 dance hit in 2000 in a new version of "Don't You Want My Love".  Other famous disco/club-era tracks performed by Debbie Jacobs include "Doctor Music" and "Maybe This Time".  "Maybe This Time" is a rare record and has been known to fetch high asking prices.    Lately, I've been hearing this song being played by Danny Krivit at his 718 Sessions and Body & Soul parties and believe me when I tell you that this song "turns it out", hand claps on the dance floor!  Enjoy!

Don't You Want My Love - Debbie Jacobs

No comments:

Post a Comment