Friday, September 3, 2010

Back with Brooklyn Dreams

Back in Brooklyn from a nice vacation.  I saw Las Vegas, Hoover Dam and the Grand Canyon. Then I was off to Lafayette, Louisiana to meet my new two month old nephew.  Life is good and had a great time traveling, site seeing and spending time with family.  Now I'm back in old NYC and excited to be posting in Disco Monk again.  Here is a song called "Music, Harmony and Rhythm" by Brooklyn Dreams from their self titled Casablanca debut 1977 album.  Brooklyn Dreams was composed of  Joe "Bean" Esposito, Eddie Hokenson and Bruce Sudano.  Esposito provided lead vocals for the band and played guitar, while Sudano played keyboards and Hokenson played drums.  Their biggest hit was "Heaven Knows", Donna Summer's single which featured Esposito on the second lead and the group singing backup.  Later on they released Sleepless Nights and Joy Ride in 1979 with some commercial success.  Esposito went on to solo success with numerous movie soundtracks, notably Flashdance, The Karate Kid and Coming To America. I love this song and it puts me in the right mood and looking forward to Autumn.  I hope this does the same to you.  Enjoy!

Music, Harmony and Rhythm - Brooklyn Dreams - Casablanca



Brooklyn Dreams

1 comment:

  1. Check out this great website
    thesoundsofbrooklyn.yolasite.com

    ReplyDelete