Thursday, September 30, 2010

Jack The House

Allow me to end the month with a house song since it's been a while since last I posted one. I will always have a smile on my face whenever I hear this amazing piece of 1986 house music history.  This song embodies the spirit of house music.  The vocals are from some lady by the name of Femme Fion, mixed by legendary Farley Jackmaster Funk and produced by Rocky Jones & Chip E.  The beats here are so visceral and delicious but it is the dialogue that happens during the break between a male voice probably Chip E. himself and someone named Charita and Tony that makes this song a riot.  I remember dancing to this and it sounded incredible on a dance floor.   Here is the scripted dialogue and see for yourself why it always put a smile on my face:

  Male voice:-"Hey girls ugh, who is Jack and ugh...what is so bad about his house?" 
 Tony's voice: -"Everybody knows Jack...He's sweet and smooth and he has this great big house where everybody goes to party at ....say Charita, I'm ready to Jack some of these guys up...look at these guys on the wall...we can't have this at no party...whachu say Charita..." 
 Charita's voice: - ..."well Tony I say you're right...I mean I'm sitting here on this wall and you on one of those walls....we just can't stand for this...I mean some of these guys are ugly...but hey, I'm ready to jack this house so let's show'em and get them off these walls Tony, not one... not two... but four at a time!....
yeah com'on''.
It's important to note here that "jacking" is meant differently and not in a sexual meaning.  The term is a dance technique that most likely came from the multicultural roots in the early underground Chicago House scene. Jacking is a dance technique that comes from moving the torso forward and backward in a rippling motion, as if a wave were passing through it.  When this movement is repeated and sped up to match the beat of a song is called jacking, or "the jack".  This technique is arguably the most important movement in house dance because it is the foundation that initiates more complex movements and footwork and it has evolved into a full genre on it's own.   Here are two  of my favorite versions of this song for your jacking pleasure. Enjoy!

Jack The House (Club House) - Femme Fion- DJ International



Jack The House (Trax The Sax) - Femme Fion - DJ International

No comments:

Post a Comment