Sunday, May 2, 2010

Rolling Down a Mountainside


Here is a song that means a lot to me by Harlem group The Main Ingredient. Known for their sense of lush orchestrated soul, they scored many hits during the early '70s. "Rolling Down a Mountainside" was pretty much their last top ten R&B hit before they parted ways. Their disco smash "Happiness Is Around the Bend" was an example of the beautiful lush productions of the '70s that made it big in the discotheques. I don't mean to be preachy here but "Rolling..." has a deep meaning for me. This song inspires me and I usually think of this song when I'm faced with the hard decisions in life. How to fight the fight head on and be true to oneself without selling out by giving up on your true feelings, not loose your integrity, not be afraid to confront reality, even when it ain't pretty and most of all, to love, to forgive without loosing oneself in the process, to move on and appreciate oneself because when that happens, God is on our side! Can I get an Amen? Enjoy


No comments:

Post a Comment