Monday, April 19, 2010

Blown Away!

Another gorgeous day today! Not bad for a Monday. Here is a song that I heard today on my way to work and was blown away. I heard it from an amazing mix from Craig Smith's 6th Borough Project and later realized that I had the song but not the original. I need to pay more attention here. The one that I heard was Todd Terje (Rekutt) version which blew me away. Todd Terje is another amazing producer/dj that has also revolutionized dance music along with Prins Thomas and Hans Peter Lindstrom. I previously featured one of his reworks of Michael Jackson's "I Can't Help It" on my "Re-Entry" Mix . Todd has been pretty busy in the last 5 years. He has come up with some of the best re-edits of disco and 80's dance songs and have made them new again. Here is a brilliant example from Dee Dee Sharp Gamble's classic "Easy Money". Enjoy!




No comments:

Post a Comment