Monday, June 21, 2010

La La La

Wow! It has been quite some time since I haven't posted. It has been pretty hot lately so the weather has inspired me to post a song for those warm summer nights. "La La La" is an exotic song that is groovy and fun at the same time. The song was released around 1974 by a very mysterious group called Los Chicles and it caused a riot during those late nights at the discoteques. Very little is known about this group except that they were a duo from Belgium. Chicles means gum in spanish and it is safe to say that this is pure bubble gum! According to a web source, Los Chicles also recorded under the name of Chakachas and scored a hit with "Jungle Fever", a funky intro with a sexy woman singing and moaning that was also featured in the Pulp Fiction movie soundtrack. "La La La" is somehow on the same vein as Jungle and it features a lady singing "lalalala" throughout the entire song with a sexy voice. I also learned that this was the disco funk version of Brigitte Bardot's Euro sing along chart hit. This was probably the first song that started the trend of moaning to disco and funky beats. Enjoy and sign along!


1 comment:

  1. Hello! I know this is kinda off topic nevertheless I'd figured I'd ask.
    Would you be interested in trading links or maybe
    guest authoring a blog article or vice-versa?

    My blog addresses a lot of the same topics as yours and I feel we
    could greatly benefit from each other. If you happen to be interested
    feel free to shoot me an email. I look forward to hearing from you!
    Excellent blog by the way!

    Also visit my web page :: Gzkjss.com

    ReplyDelete