Thursday, February 2, 2012

Happy Birthday to Disco Monk


Happy Birthday Disco Monk! I has been exactly two years since the inception of this blog devoted to all things Disco, House, Leftfield, Edits, Re-Edits, and the new now and anything in between.  I must confess that it has been a fantastic journey so far trying discovering and digging deeper into the unusual and worth noting dance sounds that never saw the light of the disco dance floors.   Thanks to all of you disco, dance floor lovers and disciples for keeping the love of this genre alive and well.  I am pleased to discover the viewership of Disco Monk have grown tremendously within the past two years.   I have to say that with all the darkness around us nowadays and such sense of doom, we all could use a little dose of some disco distraction to keep us going.  So here is some Brazil inspired rare disco tune that  I happened to stumbled upon recently that has put me in a great mood by Alice Street Gang. Very little is known about them except that they were a studio outfit from Italy and it was produced and arranged by Daniel Salinas in 1976. The LP contains discotopian Brazilian inspired songs that almost become novelty with such titles as "Copacabana", "Flamenco", "Chove Chuva", "I'll Never Fall in Love Again and Brazilian Hustle and the one featured here. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment