Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Goin' To A Showdown

Today I'm posting a song that has not been able to leave my mind as of recently.  I'm not sure if is the repetitive aspect, the beats or just simply the kitsch quality this song.   I stumbled across this LP at Academy Records around the neighborhood and could not resist purchasing it.   Spooks In Space has plenty of catchy tunes and this is the one that stands out the most to me.  The most popular single from this LP was "Spooks In Space" which I happen to like as well.   Aural Exciters was created by legendary disco producer Bob Blank in 1979 who recruited Kid Creole & The Coconuts, James White & The Blacks, The Contortions, Lizzy Mercier Descloux and Lydia Lunch for this project.  August Darnel and Andy "Coati mundi" Hernandez from Kid Creole & The Coconuts wrote almost all the songs.  This LP has been described as the perfect choice to use when looking for  classic avant garde Latin flavored P-Funk party music.   Also, to the disco connoisseur, this album exemplifies what became known the mutant disco sound.  Enjoy


No comments:

Post a Comment