Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Happy Birthday Larry Levan


Today would have marked Larry Levan's 57th birthday.  Last Sunday I happened to stumble on King Street by accident during a bike ride and couldn't believe my eyes when I happen to stop at the old site of the Paradise Garage  which is now a sad Verizon parking lot.  I was also stunned to discover  the main door ramp open.   I never had the opportunity to experience the place during its glorious days yet I feel deeply connected to the music and the myth of Paradise Garage and Larry Levan.  Here are the pictures of the place and entrance where the legend and myth took place.

Building site of Paradise Garage


The famous entrance ramp.

To celebrate his birthday, here is the rare "Winners" by Man Friday.  A true classic! Larry, you are truly missed and hope your are celebrating in some disco somewhere in the Cosmos.  Your spirit shines on here on Earth and will always remain.


No comments:

Post a Comment