Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Oooh Baby (Goin' To Pieces)

It has been difficult to post here with all the catastrophes in Japan laying heavy on my mind.  I'm taking this opportunity in sending my prayers to all my friends, their families and to all the Japanese fans of this blog.  My heart goes out to all of you during this difficult time.   As far as music concerns, I been thinking on posting something rather somber in here but opted for something rather peculiar and left field.  "Oooh Baby (Goin' To Pieces)" is from drummer of British progressive rock band Yes,  Mr. Alan White.  Ramshackled was the titled of his debut LP and thus far,  his only solo recording.  The LP  was released during the period when all five of the Yes band members released solo albums.  White also became a member of the Plastic Ono Band and has appeared on over fifty albums with artists including John Lennon, George Harrison, Joe Cocker, Ginber Baker and The Ventures.  I'm loving the overall feel of this song, specially the amazing percussion.  "Oooh Baby" was heavily played by DJ Tom Savarese during his residence at the legendary 12 West club in New York City during the '70s.  Enjoy! 


No comments:

Post a Comment