Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Motherland

It has been a  hectic beginning of a week so I will be brief with this posting.   Here is a song that I've been thinking about for the past few days.  "Motherland" by Tribal House featuring Pierre Salandy and Karen Bernod.  Released in 1990 this was an underground house favorite.  Produced by Wiston Jones, this club classic was co-written by Karen Bernod.  Karen is best known for her unique vocal harmonies and as a background singer for Chaka Khan, Erykah Badu, C&C Music Factory and D'Angelo.  This is no exception, with such catchy rhythms and deep pounding beats that evoke the spirit of Africa.  I just love it  when I hear Pierre's chant..."A-fri-ca...A A A A-fri-ca"...."Mama Africa" and I am there.  Are you there? Enjoy.

Motherland A-fri-ca (Freedom Mix) - Tribal House featuring Pierre Salandy and Karen Bernod - Pow Wow Records

No comments:

Post a Comment