Saturday, December 17, 2011

Best Record of 2011: Kapput

I'm ending the year full circle with hands down the best record of the year and it is indisputably Destroyer's Kapput.  Early this past January, I did a posting titled Going Kapput nominating this fresh new release from revered Canadian musician/song writer Dan Behar, the best of 2011 and so far nothing else has matched the heart felt brilliance and sonic beauty of this album .  Kapput is already a classic in my book and will be for years to come.  I will never get tired of listening to this unique mature, complex, poetic, jazzy, 80's synthesizer and trumpet oddity.  With the aid of gorgeous vocals from Sibel Thrasher, all of the nine songs self evolve and become magical making the listener addicted to the melodies and intricate story telling.  Kapput is an exceptional record so here is the title song to prove it along with the sublime "Suicide Demo for Kara Walker".  To all my dear readers and listeners, I wish you a Happy Holidays and a prosperous New Year.  Thank you for tuning in for another year of Disco Monk and see you in 2012! Enjoy


No comments:

Post a Comment