Monday, July 16, 2018

After The Love

What do we do after the love is gone? What a disgrace this president has been!  On top of that, I've been feeling a bit down in my heart and mind for reasons of my own making of course.  I know I will get through this and get back up, however, as usually music saved my life.  I first intended to rework "Love So Special" by Ceybil but due to copyright issues I couldn't release it and post it on Soundcloud.  No worries,  I will release it as part of the Summer 18 mix which  is coming up soon. Anyway, tt's OK because the next one in line made it first. This house oddity was created by icon Boy George during his Jesus Loves You period where he went rave and house at the same time while creating a sort of new persona by producing and collaborating rather than inserting himself as the sole creator of this project. The result was interesting and obviously it's all over the place yet indeed it worked here specially with  a favorite from this era "After The Love" pays respects to house and with a little bit acid house as well. Don't you just love him! Anyhow, this is my attempt to emphasize my favorite breaks with some strings added by yours truly and taking to it the next level by infusing Indeep's "Last Night A DJ Save My Life (Acapella)" which ironically that was when Boy George  officially went DJ on us saving his and our lives. Enjoy! 

No comments:

Post a Comment