Tuesday, August 26, 2014

Sidewalk Talk: The Terra Perma Experience


I was in Canada this past week to be one with nature and re-connect with some dear friends of mine that are close to my heart. I went to visit Terra Perma which is located two hours north of Montreal. It's a beautiful growing residential and eco entrepreneur permaculture community in the heart of the Laourentians, located in the Mont-Tremblant region. There are 800 beautiful acres of land set to be preserved and promote sustainable developments. It was an amazing, unique and invigorating experience where I got to relax and learn a lot about myself and the land.  I did some canoeing at the lake, slept in a yurt, did some meditation, yoga, swimming, some fun tie dying and painting projects and ate some delicious vegetables from the land.  Also, I got to meet some quite amazing people who are working hard and putting their hearts and souls in making this project a reality.

Terra Perma, Lake Green
To get there,  there was some time spending traveling by car and got to listen to Quebec radio which is quite amazing. While driving around this beautiful land full of luscious scenery "Sidewalk Talk" by Jellybean feat. Madonna came on the radio which had nothing to do with nature and more to do with city living.  While listening to it, it dawned on me that I probably haven't heard it since it's release in 1984! This was a collaborative project between Madonna and Jellybean Benitez when they were a couple trying to make their mark in NYC.  I simply love the rawness of it and to top it all, once the song ended, the disc jockey did something quite clever, he left the needle of the record continue bumping with it's scratchy noise making a point that we were listening to vinyl. Yes, vinyl on the radio! A true Canadian experience that I will never forget with some amazing company. Thank you Alfonso Tarazona and Philippe Leclerc for making this past week beautiful and memorable.

No comments:

Post a Comment