Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Body and Soul: MLK Weekend 2014

Francois K, Joe Clausell, Danny Krivit
I went to Body & Soul this past Sunday for their MLK party. It has been almost a year since I have not been to their parties and paid some respect to this truly classic New York experience.   I feel Webster Hall is by far the best place for their parties with its majestic ballroom feel and spacious   interior adding so much vibe to this legendary gathering.  Very old school indeed it was,  I loved that it never felt way too crowded even during the eight to twelve peak time which gave lots of space for the disco interpretive dancer in me! All and all it was full of love as the party went on with a plethora of dance classics too many to mention and even some beautiful sounding interesting new stuff. The trio of master DJ's Mr. Clausell, Kevorkian and Krivit delivered and serviced well to the discerning crowd with their eclectic and timely choices giving me many chills during the night.  I have to say even though I have never experience the Loft,  it felt very much like it! I stayed until the sweet end as the sea of balloons descended on the dance floor bringing the child in all of us while we were serenaded by the gorgeous Gregory Porter's "Wind Song".  It was heavenly and timeless. Enjoy!



No comments:

Post a Comment