Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Saved My Life

Here is a great early '90s classic by legendary Chicago born house music producer and DJ, Lil' Louis. His actual real name is Louis Sims. "Save My Life" was featured on his follow up release Journey With The Lonely and it featured vocals by legendary club diva Joi Cardwell.  This was an album full of introspection that never lived up to the late '80s classic From The Mind Of Lil' Louis which had the huge dance floor smash "French Kiss, "Blackout" and "I Called U".  "French Kiss" revolutionized dance music and became a crossover hit and number one in many countries. Needless to say, Lonely had some great gems such as  "Club Lonely" which was another club smash and "Jazzmen".  Now that I think about it, this was released around the time when house music was way too commercial and a lot of the great producers were trying hard to brake new ground affecting their creativity.  Although "Save My Life" will never live up to "French Kiss",  it actually has aged pretty well and it is safe to say that it is now a classic and it never sounded better "....music saved my lie-e-afe". Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment