Monday, January 18, 2021

Happy Birthday Frankie Knuckles and Martin Luther King


Frankie Knuckles, Jan 18th, 1955.


 It's a tradition today that I would be recovering from an 8 hr. dance marathon from attending the yearly Body & Soul's Martin Luther King celebration dance event. Obviously didn't happen, so instead of sharing the previous night's events. I'm sharing this amazing Frankie Knuckles Tribute mix created by Tedd Patterson. When I was a grad student at Parson's, I will make my pilgrimage every Friday to the Sound Factory Bar and hear his live sets. It was church and it was home. Last time I was lucky to hear him play live was at the Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual and Transgender Community Center in 2012. I recalled it was a very intimate party for Bears. Unforgettable! Happy Birthday! Life is Something Special!

No comments:

Post a Comment