Monday, September 30, 2019

Domino Dancing


In the spirit of remixing Pet Shop Boys most iconic songs. This one goes out to all the PetHeads. You know who you are! There is the suite version, playing around with the guitar and trumpet riffs over a steady house loop. The shorter Introspective Version it's shorter and a bit edited. The first time I heard Domino Dancing was at gay bar in Baton Rouge, LA called Opinions along with the video on a big screen sometimes around 1988.  Baton Rouge was and still is a conservative town unlike New Orleans and this was the time when I was coming into my own as a gay man living under Jimmy Swaggart's hey day. His throngs of religious fanatics used to plant themselves under a tent across the street from the club with one of them on a megaphone preaching you were going to hell and to repent now! This was pre "love the sinner hate the sin" ridiculousness. I would be lying if I say this type of oppression and hate still exist.  I do have to admit this it added to the excitement of going there. Anyhow, this song and the whole LP changed my life period! Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment