Monday, February 28, 2011

I Ain't Jivin' I'm Jammin'

Here is a song that got me into the spirit of Mardi Gras.  "I Ain't Jivin', I'm Jammin'" by legendary songwriter and record producer Mr. Leon A. Huff who together with Kenneth Gamble became Gamble and Huff.  Together this team have written and produced over 170 gold and platinum records.  They were pioneers of Philadelphia sound and the in-house creative team for the Philadelphia International record label.  In 2008 the team was inducted to The Rock and Roll Hall of Fame in the non-performer category.  Even though, "I Ain't Jivin'" is oviously rooted in Chicago Jazz with its great two-step piano sound that can't do no wrong on any dance floor any time this song will fit right in at any club around this time, specially in New Orleans.   This rare offering was from his first  LP as an artist instead of producer released in 1980 aptly called Here To Create Music.   Upon first listen, I was transported to the French Quarter. The sun is rising and I'm having a Bloody Mary while sitting on a balcony on St. Ann watching the revelry still going strong.  Enjoy and Happy Mardi  Gras!




No comments:

Post a Comment