Wednesday, March 3, 2010

P.O.T.E.N.T.I.A.L.

So here I am on this Wednesday and I thought of sharing a hilarious yet inspiring song called "Potential" by the Jimmy Castor Bunch from their 1975 LP Butt Of Course. This group had great success with songs such as "It's Just Begun". On this album, we hear a combination of funky grooves and some slow ballads. Other standouts in this album are "The Bertha Butt Boogie" and "E-Man Grooving". I simply just love the humor of this music. We don't hear much of this kind of creativity done well anymore. This song is quite something, specially when Jimmy spells out P.O.T.E.N.T.I.A.L and then makes a hilarious call and response to the rest of the band. This song might be cheesy and self-serving but the instrumental break with the trumpets blaring takes the listener to another level that is amazingly glamourous! Enjoy

Click below to download

Click below to listen


P.S. I am loving the cover of this album also!

No comments:

Post a Comment